StudyBox, the tuition centre based inside Kidspace Croydon, will be offering a kids coding lab summer course.
This course will introduce your child to coding concepts where they will use a variety of techniques and be introduced to new tools. This will enhance their knowledge of coding.
Why learn coding?
In our digital generation, coding is the future. It is the source of websites, apps and video games. Coding not only helps with maths and writing skills, but will look good on a CV and eventually enhance job opportunities.
What the course will include:
- Creating a game using software
- Curriculum-oriented activities
- Learning to input commands
- Programming a robot through learning sensors and control
The course runs from Monday 22nd July until Saturday 31st August.
It takes place every day from 10am to 2pm.
5-7 year olds:
(1 hour lessons)
- Fun introduction to coding
- Screen-free, hands-on activities
- Programming a robot to perform a sequence of steps
- Setting up cause and effect sequences
8-9 year olds:
(1-2 hour lessons)
- Progress from off-screen to on-screen activities
- Team-based projects
- Create and program a vehicle to move and complete tasks
- Introduction to Python coding language
10-12 year olds
(2-4 hour lessons)
- Learn how coding languages work
- Create your own code
- Linking software with hardware
- Learn how to continue working on their project after the lesson has finished
£26 per hour
Discount packages available
To book click here