About Kidspace and how it all started…
Nick de Candole and Richard (known as Charlie) Farley have been friends for a long time. They are godfathers to each other’s children and like to have fun whilst working hard.
When they both became fathers for the first time they realised there was a major shortage of decent places to take their children that were both fun for the children but just as importantly well designed for the adults … so the Kidspace adventure started.
Nick and Charlie toured Europe and America researching a variety of different operators, both good and bad, for two years before finalising on a concept from which Kidspace Adventures was born.
At Kidspace, we have a little moto, which comes from something George Bernard Shaw once wrote,
We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Play should be challenging and fun and for everyone (adults included) and that is why we do what we do at Kidspace, so that everyone can play. We think we’re achieving what we set out to, having established ourselves as operators of the best children’s play centres and party venues in London.
At the moment, we have two venues, one in Croydon and one in Romford but just like most little boys, we have plans for expansion.
To provide the best indoor adventure playgrounds for children and parents to enjoy, play and learn in whilst retaining a safe and healthy environment. With continual reinvestment in equipment we aim to remain market leader.
Because we’re proud of what we’ve achieved:
- Winner Mamas & Papas Best Soft Play Centre South London 2012 / 2013 (Croydon)
- Finalist Croydon Business Awards Best Business for Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism 2014 (Croydon)
- Runner-up Aspire in the Community at Play Providers (ASPIRE Award, 2011)
- Bronze Multi site operator of the year at Play Providers (ASPIRE Award, 2011)
- Winner Romford Best UK Family Entertainment Centre at Play Providers (ASPIRE Award, 2010)
- Winner Croydon Best UK Family Entertainment Centre at Play Providers (ASPIRE Award, 2009)
- Silver Romford Best UK Family Entertainment Centre at Play Providers (ASPIRE Award, 2009)
- Bronze Brand of the Year at Play Providers (ASPIRE Award, 2009)
- Runner-up Multi site operator of the year at Play Providers (ASPIRE Award, 2010)
- Finalist Best Commercial Leisure Scheme of the year (Property Week, 2008)